If you are looking to converting your Gy6 Honda Ruckus to a 150cc it all starts here. This motor can also be used as a replacement to your stock 150cc Chinese scooter or go-kart. We don’t care what any one says the GY6 engine is super reliable. Just service it regularly and you will be happy! This motor comes with drive oil(10w-40) and transmission oil (drive oil). To put this motor into perspective the stock Honda Ruckus (GET motor) put out roughly 2.5 hp. This GY6 engine puts out 8 HP. This is almost 3 times the power.
Note: if you are looking to convert your Ruckus/Metro motor to a GY6 you will also need:
- Wire harness
- GY6 motor mount
- fuel pump
- air filter (air box or pod filter)
- short engine wheel axle
- longer brake cable
- new: longer fuel and vacuum line
- GY6 wheel hub adaptor
- rear wheel/tire (many options to choose from)
It is important to know anyone with basic mechanical skill can performance this GY6 engine transplant, Don’t be intiminated!
- This engine is shipped dry, included oil not installed. Includes 1 Liter of Bel-Ray Gear Saver Hypoid Oil 80W-90 and 1 Liter of Bel-Ray EXL Mineral 4T Engine Oil 10W-40. DO NOT RUN ENGINE WITHOUT ADDING SPECIFIED AMOUNTS OF OIL.
- Check oil level after letting the engine idle for a few minutes, add additional oil if needed.
- GY6 125cc and 150cc engines come in different sizes. Please measure the physical size of your engine and compare to our specifications before ordering. The difference is in the length of the rear swing arm. Different lengths have been made to accommodate different wheel sizes.